Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with processors Shopify and Google
- Examples of Personal Information collected
- Identification data: first name and last name
- Contact information: shipping address, e-mail, phone number
- Payment and accounting information: billing address, bank account number, card number
- Card number is held as encrypted data, stored only as long as is necessary to complete the transaction, at which point it is removed
- Other information: order history, user account data, data related to any complaints such as product identification, product defects, solutions
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and couriers we work with.
Rating and reviews
Our Site uses Google Customer Reviews and Judge.me to collect customers’ feedback about their shopping experience.
When you opt-in to the Google Customer Reviews program, Google collects the following information:
- Order number: Google uses this to verify that you have made a purchase from us.
- Email address: Google uses this to send you a survey asking for feedback about your shopping experience with us.
- Shipping information: Google uses this to confirm that you have received your order.
2. Judge.me is an online platform that provides user-generated reviews and ratings for e-commerce websites. We use Judge.me in order to allow customers to share their experiences and opinions about products and services they have purchased on our Site.
When providing a review through Judge.me, the app collects the following information:
- Name and e-mail address
- Order details
- Our Site may publish the rating with your name unless you choose to be displayed as Anonymous
- Examples of Personal Information collected: e-mail address, name
- Purpose of collection: to send commercial and marketing notifications by e-mail
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Use of collected information: by subscribing to our newsletter, you allow us to communicate with you about our products and/or services. We may share your email address with third-party service providers that assist us in delivering our newsletters.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, e-mail address and/or phone number, any other information you choose to provide in your message sent via contact form on our Site or via Facebook Chat Plugin
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Use of collected information: we may use the personal information you provide to us through our contact form or chat plugin in the following ways:
- To respond to your inquiry or provide customer support
- To send you marketing and promotional emails if you have opted in to receive them
- To improve our website and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
- We use Google Analytics and Amplitude to help us better understand how our Site is used and to improve our services. Both Google Analytics and Amplitude are third-party analytics services that collect anonymous information.
- Amplitude collects similar information as Google Analytics but is more focused on understanding user behavior within our Site and their interaction with our products and pages.
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it- work.
- You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en- us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site; Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased.
Right of access
The right of access enables individuals to obtain confirmation from the data controller regarding the processing of their personal data and the right to access that data upon request.
Right to rectification
The right to rectification permits individuals to correct and/or update any inaccuracies in their personal data or to complete it if it is incomplete.
Right to erasure
The right to erasure, also known as the right to be forgotten, allows individuals to request the deletion of their personal data if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if the individual withdraws their consent, with some exceptions such as for accounting purposes.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your- account/privacy/GDPR.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Unit 10 / 5-7 Bermill Street, Rockdale NSW 2216, Australia
June 4th, 2023
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a- complaint/