Flat dimensions – deep bass
With the shallow HELIX IK S subwoofers, the realization of particularly flat and compact enclosure designs shouldn’t be a problem anymore. Its extremely low installation depth opens up new installation possibilities that do not require making any acoustic compromises at all. Additionally, thanks to the use of large voice coils and its low resonant frequency, the HELIX IK S series delivers an absolutely stunning bass performance, which is in no way inferior to larger dimensioned woofers.
Smart down to the very last detail
The enormously stiff sandwich paper cone in conjunction with our heavy-duty drive system easily converts amplifier power into powerful sound pressure without any compression effects, while simultaneously demonstrating finesse when it comes to more subtle beats. A special highlight: the magnet system has a threaded hole on the back and thus allows the woofer to be fixed to the back panel of the enclosure. Since every millimetre of depth counts in flat constructions, enclosure vibrations are effectively reduced – even with thin walls.
Designed as a 1 x 2 Ohms (SVC2) or 2 x 2 Ohms (DVC2) variant, you can find the right low bass specialist for any amplifier configuration to get the maximum performance out of it.
"All inclusive" for self-made enthusiasts
In addition to the high-quality connection terminal with gold-plated screw terminals, a solid protective grille and gasket are also included. For optimal bass performance in DIY installations, you can find recommendations for sealed and vented enclosures with all parameters such as net volume, port tuning frequency or DSP settings in our technical data sheet.
- Chassis with particularly low installation depth – optimized for compact and shallow enclosure constructions
- 2 x 2 Ohms dual voice coil for flexible system configuration
- A magnet system with a threaded hole on the back – allows screwing to the back panel of the enclosure for stabilization and reduction of enclosure vibrations
- Extremely stiff sandwich paper cone
- Long-excursion rubber surround for the highest mechanical rating
- Rugged magnet cover with HELIX lettering for perfect magnet protection
- Enclosure connection terminal, grille and gasket included in delivery
|Power handling RMS / max.
|300 / 600 Watts
|2 x 2 Ω
|2 x 1.8 Ω
|Mechanical Q factor
|Electrical Q factor
|Total Q factor
|Equivalent air volume
|88.0 dB @ 2.83V / 1m
85.0 dB @ 1W / 1m
|Sandwich paper cone
|Voice coil diameter
|Voice coil winding height
|Max. linear excursion
|+/- 6,0 mm
|213 mm / 8.40"
|180.4 mm / 7.10"
|79.5 mm / 3.13"
|Recommended enclosure volumes
|Lower limiting frequency (-3dB)
|Recommended DSP settings
|Recommended "self-define" highpass filter with 46 Hz cut-off frequency and Q = 1.5
additional EQ filter 100 Hz / Q = 1.0 / -2.5 dB
Scope of delivery
1 x Subwoofer HELIX IK S8-DVC2
1 x Gasket
1x Connecting terminal
1 x Data sheet
- Unit Type: Single Driver
- Watts RMS: 251 - 500W
- Voice Coil x Impedance | Ω: 2 x 2Ω
- Installation Depth: Up to 100mm
- EBP: 75 - 100 (sealed+vented)
- Brand: HELIX
- Size: 200mm | 8"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.