The APS 8 D is designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure with ultra-compact volumes from 7.5 lt. to 8.5 lt. It features push connectors for ease of wiring and configurations and has been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However, reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion. Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dust cap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the rocking-mode phenomenon. The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
- Ultra-low profile (3.11 in. / 79 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure
starting from 7.5 lt.
- Special-designed cone-dust cap-basket geometry which guarantees a
long linear excursion capability (almost 9 mm, one-way) while keeping
the mounting depth to a minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for
the central pole vent allowing mounting close to the rear wall of the enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling)
for perfect control under high power, and high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent pressed paper 8 in. cone featuring a profile developed
with simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Dual voice coil design specifically developed to be combined with either
AP8.9 bit (2 CH + 2 CH bridged), AP5.9 bit (Sub CH) or AP4.9 bit/AP4 D
(2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included.
|Power Handling - Peak
|Power Handling - Continuous
||HIGH-DENSITY FLUX FERRITE
||WATER-REPELLENT PRESSED PAPER
|Driver Displacement Volume
Read more info here.