With the aim of providing high acoustical output even when used with lower power, the APS 8 R was designed for use in an 8.5-litre reflex enclosure, with tuning between 30 and 40Hz. The APS 8 R has been specifically developed to be combined with either the AP8.9 bit or AP4.9 bit / AP4 D. Prima subwoofer components have been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However, reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion. Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dust cap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the rocking-mode phenomenon. The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
- Ultra-low profile (3.11 in. / 79 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a reflex enclosure
starting from 8.5 lt.
- Special-designed cone-dust cap-basket geometry which
guarantees a long linear excursion capability (almost 9 mm,
one-way) while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminate the
need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to the rear wall
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element
Modelling) for perfect control under high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent pressed paper 8 in. cone featuring a profile developed
with FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Specifically developed to be combined with either the Audison AP8.9 bit
(2 CH bridged) or AP4.9 bit /AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included.
|Power Handling - Peak||500 W|
|Power Handling - Continuous||250 W|
|Magnet Material||HIGH-DENSITY FLUX FERRITE|
|Voice Coil Ø||40 mm|
|Cone Material||WATER-REPELLENT PRESSED PAPER|
|Driver Displacement Volume||0.67|
|Le Standard||1.45 mH|
Read more info here.
|Dimension A||222 mm|
|Dimension B||187 mm|
|Dimension C||94.6 mm|
|Dimension D||79 mm|
- Unit Type: Single Driver
- Watts RMS: 151 - 250W
- Voice Coil x Impedance | Ω: 1 x 4Ω
- EBP: n/a
- Brand: AUDISON
- Size: 200mm | 8"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.